I know Mother’s Day can bring bittersweet feelings for some. I know it can’t be easy if you have lost your mom or even grandmother. Moms, Grandmothers and Aunts definitely hold a special place in my heart! They deserve to be honored, especially on this day.
My hope and prayer is that you Mamas out there feel celebrated and loved by your family. I know it hasn’t been easy with this quarantine life but hopefully we will all look back on this and see how strong we were, and maybe even discovered something new about our kids or spouse and appreciated it.
So as you are quarantined, you can still do online shopping to support some of these small businesses. Here is a this list of what I love to give Moms on their special day or maybe treat myself here and there.
- Personalized Stationery: I know you may think, wow, really, stationery, just what I wanted. Well, these three brands, SoHospitality Co., AThing Created and Hourglass Design Co. are my favorite and my go to for all things paper. They offer unique designs and excellent quality paper. Both a must for writing thank you or your to-do lists. Just click on the photos and it will take you directly to the website.
For the classic lady in your life…
For the sassy fashionista…
For the simple and effortless lady…
2. Pampering Skincare products: Every mama deserves to feel spoiled on Mother’s Day and best way to do that is with Hummingbird Farms unique collection of bath and body products. I absolutely love their lavender spray and oils (my girls too), their luxurious hand lotion, super hydrating, their sea salt scrub (hello mani at home) and all the soaps. They smell like you have just stepped out of a spa.
3. Stylish Accessories: We can always add a little style to our day even when we are sitting at home in just a t-shirt and joggers. So treat yourself or a mom friend to some fun earrings by All Things New or a necklace from Dear Muska. Each one of these ladies are small business owners with a big heart and deeply rooted in their faith. So I hope you will check them out. These are also great stops for birthdays and graduation gifts.
4. Fun tees to go with your accessories: Hey we are not going anywhere for a while so why not let your mama or mama friend enjoy a soft tee that makes a statement by Milk and Honey Tees. Their tees are so soft and so stylish that you can easily pair with a skirt, distressed shorts, boyfriend jeans or joggers styled with jean jacket. These are some of my favs…
5. An inspiring and laugh out loud book: While we are in self-isolation, why not read a book that will inspire you, encourage you and laugh out loud with you. With On the Bright Side (which we all need these days) by Melanie Shankle and Jen Hatmaker’s Fierce, Free and Full of Fire it will set you free and set you on fire. You will feel as if you just got back from the best girls’ night conversation with your best friend or a girlfriend getaway that left you feeling positive and ready to tackle the world!
6. Hey Hey PJ Day! Pj day is my girls’ favorite day! They love to lounge in their pjs all day but who doesn’t it! I hope you can do that on your special day with some of these pjs from Habit, a local boutique in Nashville and they also have a location in Franklin. Habit has some of the yummiest pjs that you will not want to get out of.
Now, if you are still reading this, I wish you the best day ever!
Happy Mother’s Day to you and yours! Make sure you take some time for you. You deserve it!